About 18% of the population is known to have a substance use disorder at some point in their lives. Considering life-long drug abuse or dependence the problem was found in 7.7% of men and 4.8% of women ratio of 1.6 men to each woman. In addition to these, anabolic steroids, better known under the name of anabolic steroids, are male hormone-related drugs testosterone and are aimed at testosterone replacement in cases where, for some pathological reason, a disorder has occurred.
‘In addition to medical use, has the property of increasing muscles and for this reason, are highly sought after by people who want to increase performance or physical appearance. The problem with using this type of substance is not with the athlete, but with that person who is unhappy because he is small. The process of Egg Freezing as per the best options.
The use of these drugs can cause irreversible problems in the reproductive system of both sexes, with localized action in the gonads organs that produce gametes.
In the woman:
- Reduces the quality and quantity of eggs.
- Causes irregularity in menstrual cycles.
- Blocks ovulation.
- It causes hormonal disorders.
- Induces the appearance of facial hair and changes in voice.
- Decreases breast size.
In the man:
- It impairs the functioning of the testicles.
- It leads to the formation of abnormal sperm.
- Reduces sperm fertilization potential.
- Reduces the defense capacity of the body.
- It acts directly on the cells that form sperm cells germline cells.
- Decreases the size of the testicles.
- It leads to baldness.
- Increases prostate size.
- It causes difficulty and pain to urinate.
- It causes hormonal changes.
- Increases the chance of erectile dysfunction.
- Increases breast development.
Stress is the physiological, psychological and behavioral response of a person seeking to adapt to new and sometimes uncomfortable situations. Among these situations, we can find stressors or factors of various kinds: frustration, anxiety, loss, even components of environmental, biological and physical origin, such as excessive noise, pollution, extreme temperature variations, nutrition problems, work overload, etc. In addition, the diagnosis of infertility can also be considered a stressor and should be controlled. Sleep disorders, for example, due to stress alter the biological rhythm of the individual, impairing the production of hormones involved in reproduction and fertility.
There is no doubt that the stress factor contributes to fertility problems. So reducing it means preserving it. To do this, learn to identify stressful situations, better plan your activities to avoid task accumulation, decrease the level of demand with yourself and others, try to have moments of leisure and rest.
In the woman:
- It causes important hormonal disturbances interfering with the egg development process.
- It causes dysfunctions in menstrual cycles.
- Induces the absence of ovulation.
- Reduces immunity, i.e. decreases resistance to various types of diseases.
- It causes anxiety and difficulty in adapting to new conditions.
- Decreases sexual desire libido.
In the man:
- It leads to erectile dysfunction impotence.
- It causes problems with ejaculation.
- Increases the number of inflammatory cells that interfere with sperm quality.
- Impairs sperm production with changes in concentration, morphology and motility.
- It causes anxiety and erectile dysfunction.
- Decreases sexual desire.
Cultivate good habits
Exercise and proper diet are important factors in maintaining good health and weight control. In addition, they are beneficial in fighting stress by enabling good physical and mental shape. However, do not overdo it.